Goals and Objectives
* To increase awareness of and interest in women’s issues through women’s studies programs.
* To encourage women who lack confidence or skills to personally develop in a supportive framework and to find out about the opportunities available to them.
* To open the academic world to women who might not have had an opportunity to study in such a framework.
* To bring marginalized women together (Druze women from towns outside of Haifa, Arab women from villages in the Galilee, or new immigrants from the former Soviet Union and Ethiopia), in order to seize the opportunity for future growth.
* To enter the underprivileged neighborhoods of Haifa, Nazareth and Acco, where poverty has become a second-generation trap, and explore possibilities for ending this cycle.
* To provide specialized courses for female and male professionals serving women-at-risk about their specific needs and circumstances, and the prevention of violence.
* To conduct courses and seminars for mid-level managers and women soldiers on leadership training, personal development and empowerment, communication skills and assertiveness training.
* To develop cooperative venues with partners of University of Haifa, organizations such as the Jewish Arab center, and other groups to encourage women’s studies within their particular sphere of interest.
* To organize together with the Women’s Studies program at the University of Haifa, joint-conferences and lectures (for example: The Virginia L. Snitow Lecture Series).
* To reduce stereotypical thinking among Jewish and Arab high school students.
* To promote intercultural meetings of various women’s groups.